Svalbard, Iceland & Greenland's East Coast
- 16 Days
- NG Explorer
- 148 Guests
- Expeditions in: Jun / Jul
- From AU$18,690 to AU$34,100
Magnificent wildlife in three quintessential Arctic locations
See the majestic setting that the lordly polar bear freely roams as we explore the Arctic Svalbard archipelago of Norway, pulling the ship’s bow up to blue-veined glaciers, alighting on islands where caribou drift like smoke across the tundra. Go from the TV series depiction of Vikings to a real sense of their heroism. From Svalbard, we’ll follow in the wake of these, and other fearless explorers and colonists to discover the dramatic landscapes and rich traditions of Greenland and Iceland. This itinerary enables you to:
- See polar bears in their natural habitat, the sea ice, in the gorgeous, uninhabited wilds of Svalbard far from any human settlements — accompanied by expert spotters to increase your sightings;
- Follow in the wake of the 10th-century Viking explorers along the ice shelf;
- Discover the dramatic landscapes and rich traditions of Greenland; explore the seldom-seen east coast fjords & icebergs; spot white-tailed eagles, among the 60 species of birds that breed in Greenland;
- Actively explore Iceland’s Westfjord region; walk on lava fields and ice sheets, feel the spray of gushing hot springs and cascading waterfalls; cruise among magnificent icebergs;
- Meet the intriguing people able to thrive in their Arctic homelands;
- Enjoy superlative photos ops & on-board photo assistance
- Travel confidently in the company of Arctic experts, committed and able to provide you with an extraordinary experience
Important Flight Information
Please talk to an Expedition Specialist before booking your airfare.
free charter air
Book now to receive complimentary charter airfare (Oslo/Longyearbyen). Subject to availability; must be ticketed by Lindblad Expeditions; new bookings only.
free bar tab and crew tips included, starting april 2017
Beginning in Apr. 2017, we will cover your bar tab and all tips for the crew on all National Geographic Explorer and National Geographic Orion voyages.
early bookings savings
2017 prices are guaranteed for all 2018 departures if booked by June 1, 2017. After June 1, 2017, call or visit expeditions.com for new 2018 prices.
Ready To Book?
1300 361 012 (Australia)
0800 444 462 (New Zealand)
Explore with Deep Sea Expert